Friday, February 02, 2007

Federline 'Sorry' About Super Bowl Ad

NEW YORK Feb 2, 2007 (AP)— Kevin Federline has something to say to those who are offended by an upcoming Super Bowl ad featuring him as a fast-food worker: He's "really sorry."

"The commercial is completely intended for me, making fun of myself and my own situation," the aspiring rapper, 28, told Associated Press Television in a recent interview. "It has nothing to do with anybody in the fast-food industry at all. So, you know, if we've offended anybody, I'm really sorry about that."

National Restaurant Association President and Chief Executive Steven Anderson said last week that the ad amounts to a "strong and direct insult to the 12.8 million Americans who work in the restaurant industry."

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.'s 30-second spot shows Federline performing in a glitzy music video. However, the punch line is that he's daydreaming while cooking french fries at a fast-food joint.

It's a "`Saturday Night Live' skit on myself. … Maybe it'll land me some good roles in Hollywood," said Federline, whose debut rap album, "Playing With Fire," has had dismal sales since its release last fall.

On Thursday, Federline's attorney confirmed that K-Fed and estranged wife Britney Spears will continue to share custody of their two young sons this month, following the terms of a January custody agreement. Spears filed for divorce from Federline in November after two years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.

"I'm a good father," said Federline, who wouldn't talk about his personal life. "I love my kids and I'll always be here for (them)."

Source: abcnews

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why ppl were offend, that person from the resturant Association jump to conclucion about the whole damn thing, before even seeing the commercial, nothing in that commercial is offensive.

Kelly.

Vin said...

I stumbled onto this blog by accident and I just want to thank you for giving me an hour worth of hilarity! I can't believe there's actual a person who's wasting their time to seriously blog about this douchebag, is Kelly really K-Fed paid PR person? Are you REALLY wasting your time and money on this no talent retard? It boggles the mind! I really tried hard to be objective when I saw his Loose Control video, but man, that's some horrible singing/rapping. It's a sad comment on America when a loser like him gets more attention than talented and hard working singers out there struggling for recognition. Anyway, thanks for the good time.

Anonymous said...

Amazing you can come here and call ppl names, who's wasting their time, not a fan, why visit.

NOT paid, my support is all free, and as long as he continue to stay the descent guy he seem to be, then I will continue to support him.

You don't have to come here, it makes you a sorry ass motherfucker to visit a site of a person you don't even like, who is the "retard" now, fuckin IDIOT.

Kelly.

Anonymous said...

^ hey be nice!

The RA jumps on anyone who "threatens, degrades, put down, or potentially causes people to have a negative view of the businesses and industry"! It's not just that he is who he is!

There "issue" is that he appears to "work" at a fast food place all the while wanting, dreaming, and believing he is "better" and "deserves" more....which potentially can lead some to "look down" upon those types of jobs, although we need them in order to get our fast food fix.

Anonymous said...

I've never worked at a fastfood place, but I love fastfood and I thank those ppl who work there, but, I believe that they all have dream and aspirations, so it shouldn't be such a suprise to see a commercial with a young man dreaming about being more than just a fries cook, even if it's just acting, nothing in that commercial showed fast food workers in a degrading light.

Kelly.

Anonymous said...

^I agree, I'm sure plenty of people who work in places like that dream of being more (myself included) and that's all it's saying.

Anonymous said...

I have worked in fast-food type of job, and I always dreamed of bigger, better things. It doesnt mean I felt like a low-life or anything. I think everyone has dreams of bigger things. If not, then thats great that they are happy with what they do. The commercial is hilarious. He is a great sport for doing it. Anyone who takes offense to it is just insecure in themself. Besides, if those 12.5 million people didnt work in the fast food indusry, who would make our burgers and fries. The commercial is totally poking fun at Kevin, and nothing more. Im sure if it was anyone other than Kevin there would be no problems.
People need to lighten up.