Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The story of Kevin and Britney

We've now had a week to reflect on the divorce. The rumors are still flying around. I suppose people want a concrete reason for the breakup, so if the British tabloid "News Of The World" says Kevin is blackmailing Britney with a sex tape that's good enough for it to be repeated everywhere. It also seems clear that almost everyone is looking to see Kevin as an irritating, free-loading no good husband, and Britney as the comeback queen for divorcing him. People want to believe that Kevin took advantage of Britney, spent huge amounts of her money, and probably cheated on her too. Hooray for Britney for divorcing him in one fell swoop and asking for sole custody, so that we can all pretend that Kevin never existed.

I think we should look at their story, ignoring the gossip as much as possible and trying to stick to what we know is true. Kevin and Britney met in April, 2004 after Britney had just finished the first US leg of her Onyx Hotel tour, about a week before she was off to Europe for the second leg. Britney told People magazine:

'We stayed with each other for a week. I was supposed to get on a plane to go on tour. I told my mom I didn't want to go on tour. I was like, "I want to stay in L.A." At the time, I didn't think he'd come with me because we'd just met. Then I was supposed to get on a plane. Then I canceled my flight. I turned the car around, called Kevin and said, "Where are you at?" The next week I was like, "Kevin, get your passport and come out with me."'

Kevin agreed. There are conflicting stories about the status of Kevin's relationship with Shar at the time. Kevin has claimed that they broke up a few months before, while Shar says he lied to her and left her. We may never know the full story. We do know that Shar and Kevin had a daughter Kori and that Shar was pregnant with their second child Kaleb at the time. We also know that whatever problems Shar may have with Kevin, she has claimed both before and after the divorce that Kevin is a "great dad." As for Britney's history, she had just come out of the scandal where she married Jason Alexander for 55-hours in January, 2004. We were starting to see complaints from her fans that she didn't look as super amazing as she did before and that her heart wasn't really in the tour.

What happened next is documented in "Chaotic", which was filmed for the most part by Kevin and Britney themselves. We watched their relationship grow for the next couple of months while Britney was on the European leg of her tour. In Kevin's first interview in Details magazine, Britney describes what attracted her to Kevin.

Britney
: Nothing gets to him ... Not my man. And that's why I married him, because he's not a shallow motherfucker Hollywood actor-guy.

They were engaged in June, 2004. Britney and Kevin describe their proposal as the following:

Britney: It was an intimate conversation, and we'd always talked about how some people don't have to get married when they're in love. ... Then all of a sudden I said, 'What if you want to get married?' And I kind of went from there to asking him if he would marry me. I asked him.

Kevin: And I said no.

Britney: He said no because he thought it wasn't the right way to do it.

Kevin: It wasn't like 'Will you marry me?' It wasn't that straightforward. The way she said it was kind of beating around the bush. Still, I was taken by surprise. I thought the guy was supposed to ask the girl. So a couple of minutes went by and then I asked her. ... I wasn't really thinking about asking her right away, but I did without reservation. I'd known for a while that she's the one.

Britney then picked out and purchased an engagement ring, a $40,000 4 carat cushion-cut diamond ring with a platinum pave setting. Much was made over the fact that Kevin did not buy it for her. Later, Kevin bought her a second engagement ring. In an August, 2006 interview with GQ, Kevin says the following:

Federline laid down many of the tracks in his home recording studio. That way he could pop in and say hello to the baby. "I spend almost all of my money from Chaotic building the studio," he says. (Chaotic was a five-episode reality show on UPN, Frankensteined together with home videos that he and Britney shot on her Onyx Hotel Tour.) "I don't rely on my wife's money," he says. "I don't get any money from my wife." He tells me he made $2 million on the show, most of which he's spend. The first thing he bought was a $200,000 engagement ring for his wife. Then he spent $350,000 building the home studio. And bought his truck. "I'm almost broke," he says. As for the Ferrari he drives (the one with the brake calipers that say FEDERLINE in place of FERRARI), he and his wife split the cost. "As a man, as a male figure and a father, I wouldn't be happy sitting back and living off my wife's fortune," he goes on. "I have to provide for my family. That's something she's had to learn about me."

Kevin and Britney got married in a surprise ceremony on September 18, 2004. Footage can be found in Chaotic. Because so few people knew the ceremony was taking place, legally not everything was ready yet including the prenuptial agreement. US Weekly printed a story about how Britney had faked her marriage, which after Jason many were ready to believe. In fact, it was simply a legal technicality, and the marriage became legal on October 6, 2004.

In January, 2005, Britney became pregnant with Sean Preston. He was born on September 16, 2005, and the following message appeared on britneyspears.com:

“We are ecstatic to announce the birth of our son! Everyone is happy, healthy and doing wonderful. Thank you for all your love and well wishes!!”

The following January, 2006, Britney became pregnant a second time. In an interview with OK magazine issued July 3, 2006, Britney says the following:

Were you surprised how quickly you became pregnant after Sean Preston?
Yes, very surprised, but I was excited! I was a little scared at first because I was shocked because it was so soon. I was like, it’s okay - I love boo boos!

Have you thought about how many kids you would like to have?
I could have three. If I did have three, I would wait a lot to have the next one.

How did Kevin react when he found out you were pregnant again?
He was a little shocked (laughs).

What did he say to you?
He was like, whatever you want to do, baby! He's like, I'm excited for you! Let’s just go for it.

So he was supportive?
Definitely.

We are now a mere 5 months away from Britney filing for divorce. There's a few other events during this time that are worth noting.

First of all, Kevin and Britney were not treated kindly by the tabloids, the radio stations, the talk show hosts, etc. Kevin did not change the way he dressed after he became Britney Spear's husband. He continued to dress as he did during the days as a backup dancer, and pretty much didn't care what anyone said or thought about it. We saw undershirts and pants hanging low. Britney, who had started appearing in public looking less than perfect shortly before her marriage to Kevin, continued along this path. She stopped wearing a bra. Her hair often looked thrown together, and she had skin problems. Her clothing also looked thrown together many times, and she gained weight. There was also the infamous incident where she walked into a public bathroom with no shoes. They started getting the trailer trash nicknames. Kevin was mocked and accused of being an unemployed kept man.

After Sean Preston was born, there were a few months of calm before the next scandal. Britney was pictured driving with Preston on her lap. This began a whole new period where Britney was criticized for just about every possible parenting thing possible. But they went too far, and many people started to sympathize with Britney. This era ended with the Dateline interview where we see a messy Britney chewing gum and telling us she's "country". Right after that she did the above OK magazine, and also appeared on Harper's Bazaar nude. A new Britney era had begun. It should be noted that Kevin supported Britney during this difficult time. In August, 2006 GQ, Kevin said the following:

"I'd say she plays mama real well, dude. She's a very good mother. It's like one of those things that comes naturally." As for those photos of her driving with the baby on her lap, he'll defend her to anyone: "You don't know what it's like to be chased by a motorcade of paparazzi. What those magazines don't tell you is that the Starbucks is a minute from the house. If she feels like she gotta take the baby and put him on her lap and get out of there, so be it."

Kevin also began his new career during this time. On January 1, 2006 he debuted his first song, Popozao. It was not highly regarded by the public, to put it lightly. But he was starting to catch the attention of other people. While he continued to work on his album, he started getting some new opportunities. Five Star Vintage hired him as a spokesmodel, and then later re-hired him for the Christmas season. CSI writer Dustin Lee Abraham found himself thinking of the way he has seen Kevin handle the paparazzi while writing a character for an episode, and decided to hire Kevin himself for the job. Kevin was able to do his first ever performance on Teen Choice, and also appeared on many talk shows, including Ellen, Jay Leno, Megan Mullally, and Tyra Banks. He appeared on WWE, and got such high ratings that he has appeared a few more times since and is going to be featured in a match on January 1, 2007. His new album however, released on Halloween, has not done as well and sold 6,500 copies in its first week.

Somewhere in all of this, Britney decided she wanted a divorce. We will probably never know when Britney made this decision, but we do know that the birth of Jayden James was handled in a very different manner as the birth of Sean Preston. This time there was no website announcement. The media had the wrong name for almost two months and they were not corrected. Pictures of Kevin, Britney, and the two boys were taken but were not released.

On November 7, 2006, while Kevin was appearing on Much Music in Toronto and being interviewed on his career, his family, and his wife who he described as "supportive", Britney filed for divorce and asked for sole custody of Sean Preston and Jayden James.

Thank-you for reading all of this so far. I am now going to end with some of my thoughts about all of this.

As I stated in the first paragraph, it seems that most of the world is trying to find the answer to what Kevin did wrong. I found myself asking different questions when I heard the news. What was going on with Britney? Although Kevin seemed to be aware that there were some issues in his marriage in his interviews, he also seemed to believe that they were going to work them out and that they were "strong." How could he have been so wrong? I started looking over Britney's history. It was a little odd that she asked two guys to marry her within 6 months. She married quickly and informally, immediately got pregnant twice, and dumped her husband after the birth of their second child. She filed for divorce in quite a cold manner and asked for sole custody. Based on those facts alone it's easy to come to the conclusion that she simply wanted babies and basically tricked two guys into marrying her to achieve it.

But I'm going to give Britney the benefit of the doubt. Although I do think the babies and being a "young mom" were a priority for her, I'm going to assume that Britney was sincere when she married Kevin. I don't know what happened with Jason, so I'll just focus on Kevin. Part of the reason that I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt is that she really seemed to support him right up until the divorce. She announced Kevin at Teen Choice. She appeared on his album. They did a reality show together. If it was only about babies I would not expect these things to have happened. So what made her decide to end it? If I put myself in Britney's shoes I can come up with a few possible reasons. When Britney and Kevin met they were both partiers. They both drank, they both smoked. In Kevin's first Detail magazine interview Kevin swore up a storm, and Britney was right in there with him. Perhaps things started to change for Britney after Sean Preston was born. Britney stopped smoking, and Kevin didn't (although he did talk about quitting). Kevin in fact, decided to respond to the public mocking by making his behaviour more obvious. He did photoshoots with cigarettes and alcohol. He spent almost an entire album mocking the public back with talk of money and drugs. In his defense, his references to Britney and his family on the album and in interviews are really quite sweet, and I truly believe he loves them. But maybe Britney felt this image was not good for her, her sons, and her career. She was ready to be America's sweetheart again, but she couldn't do it being married to Kevin. There could have been other problems, perhaps legitimate reasons why Britney felt she no longer wanted to be married to him.

My problem is this. Why did she have to divorce him in the way that she did? I have never seen a divorce so cold. To allow him to do all of these interviews without being aware of her plans. To make sure there was a nice picture of her smiling and looking thrilled when the news hit by appearing on David Letterman. To send the news by way of text message. She did everything in her power to encourage public celebration when she made the announcement. She completely and utterly betrayed the man she had been married to for two years, and to make matters worse she filed for sole custody. As a Britney fan I feel betrayed and angry myself, I can't even imagine how Kevin is feeling right now. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. You can't fire your husband the way you might fire your manager. No matter what happens they will always be the parents of Sean Preston and Jayden James, and if there are hard feelings, the people who are going to suffer the most are the children. So how could she do this to her children? Does she figure she can just get married to someone else and no harm done? Because it doesn't matter, a step-father may love those children very much, but Kevin Federline will always be their dad. He has always talked about how much all of his children mean to him. He does not deserve to be shut out of being an active part of Sean Preston and Jayden James lives the way he an active part of Kori and Kaleb's. Kevin may not be perfect but no parent is, and I've seen more nice things come out of his mouth when he talks about his childen then I have other fathers I know. Britney should know better. Let's say, worst case scenario, that Kevin really does have some major problems, like Britney's father who is an alcoholic. How would Britney have felt if her mother had shut him out of her life? I'm guessing not that great considering her second son is named after her dad.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody knows what's going on...and if Britney divorce Kevin,she have an explaination that we maybe never know what it is. We can't acuse Britney that she don't want Kevin see the babies...and if she divorce kevin by a message,she have an explaination too.We just see and heard the midia,Britney and Kevin never talk about that.Soo we can´t acuse Britney or Kevin.Maybe they wrong,nobody is perfect,and I believe that Kevin love the kids,but nobody can´t acuse Britney if she don't want that Kevin see the babies,we don't know nothing about it.Now say that britney just wanted kevin to have kids...it's stupid.I belive that Britney loved Kevin,but I think that he gaves more importance to his carrer.I don't know,i'm just supose that.So,we maybe never gonna listen the truth about everyhting,the life of Britney and Kevin,the divorce...that all.I was a denfensor of Kevin,I always defended him,and I believe that britney and Kevin loved each other...but I don't know,I think that we are very confused about this all,but I admit that now I don't like Kevin,i'm not to lie about about that,but I think that he and Britney wrong,So the marriage not works.It's my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I could cares less about this entire thing because it's their life. But I must add that even though Kevin is a loser, he is one hot dude. I'd tap that in a heartbeat. Bring it.

Anonymous said...

is it true that jayden james named after kevin..??..in what way..??

Anonymous said...

FemaleFirst.co.uk: Kevin Federline will "do anything" to get Britney Spears back. According to reports, the wannabe rapper realises he has made a huge mistake and is desperate to win back his estranged wife.

A source told Britain's Grazia magazine: "Kevin spent last week begging Britney to take him back. Kevin is stunned and he's been crying. He said he would do anything to get Britney back. He knows he's nothing if he doesn't have her in his life and realises he has made a major mistake."

Kevin, 28, has reportedly tried a number of ways to convince Britney - who he has two children, sons Sean Preston and Jayden James, with - to rekindle their relationship, including singing her love poems and sending flowers.

The source added: "He sent flowers and chocolates to Britney, but she asked an assistant to put them somewhere where she wouldn't have to look at them. He's also left voice messages, singing her love poems, but Britney hasn't replied." Britney, 24, is believed to have instructed her staff to remove all of Kevin's belongings from their Malibu home and is enjoying having him and possessions out of her life.


I don't know if this is true or not, but I hope the first part is true, well at least he's begging.

Anonymous said...

He's a very public person now, and if he wanted to send her a message he has the media just waiting for him to make a statement.

Instead the message seems to be, f the media and f her.

I don't know who you are Alison, perhaps his media person, but you know the messages he's been sending out are not ones of a saddened man.

Alison said...

^ Perhaps they are the message of an angry man who is trying to maintain some pride. We saw he reaction when he got the text message.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps.

Anonymous said...

I don't guy that Britney married Kevin because she wanted to be a young mother and it was easy. Hell if that was the case she would have just stayed with Timberlake. I mean they were together for 4 years and lived together. Marriage and a family was the next logical step and we all know what happened there. So I doubt "marriage and babies" were the sole reason for Kevin.

I can't blame Kevin for writing that message (if he did) because I imagine he was pretty damn pissed off when he found out she was divorcing him and had his children. Who wouldn't? Now him ranting "Fuck Britney" at concerts? Can't give him a pass for that one. That is just stupid.

I don't know what went down in their marriage but it is obvious things has been bad for a while. Kevin being blindsides says a lot about how little they must have been talking. One should know when the marriage has reached breaking point.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same exact way you do, of later my mind as turned considerably from Britney, I don't know, but the way I feel about her a few months or even 2 weeks ago, I don't feel that way now, I feel like she's two-faced and is all smiles and is just a snake underneath, I said it too, the way she acted lastweek was very shocking to me and as a fan of hers for many years I was very disappointed in her, I really don't know what to think about her/them, I just feel really bad for all 4 kids, especially the 2 youngest, I feel all this could have been handle in a more discreet manner, with both parties discussing and working out the details, all this is about me/I and it should be about the kids, these kids aren't going to stay the way they are forever and the last thing Kevin and Britney should do is let all this get nasty and having the kids read and hear about it later, I don't care what went on between them, the kids shouldn't have to suffer later, I say they should sit down and get whatever it is they want to get out of and decide what's best for the kids, it's not just them anymore, there are children involved, they should think about that.

KELLY.

Btw, Britney didn't give up smoking, there're pics of her smoking at a resturant earlier this week, and she was smoking after she gave birth to Sean, she's just discreet about it, nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it because ppl seem to think that she only started smoking after meet Kevin.

And shame on you Kevin if you're saying F Britney at your shows and if you did write that message on wherever, no matter what, she's still the mother of your kids, you don't want the kids hearing that you are disrespecting their mother, so I say think about the things you want to say and how it might look to your kids later before saying anything.

Anonymous said...

I don't guy that Britney married Kevin because she wanted to be a young mother and it was easy. Hell if that was the case she would have just stayed with Timberlake. I mean they were together for 4 years and lived together. Marriage and a family was the next logical step and we all know what happened there. So I doubt "marriage and babies" were the sole reason for Kevin.

I think that was one of the reasons for there break up. Justin wasn't ready to get married. I think he felt like he was too young or wasn't ready for that next step or something like that. Which is smart on his part. If you're not ready for marriage you really shouldn't be married.

Also why is everyone so ready to believe that Kevin would say "fuck Britney" at a concert when he's in the middle of fighting for custody of them?

And since when has Britney's image been America's Sweetheart? For someone who's supposed to be that she sure has taken a bunch of shit for the way she dresses, dances,performes,breathes, etc, and so on.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were engaged and these were suppose to be their engagement pictures. Didn't his mother hint at that? http://www.gobritney.com/album72/index.html

Again I can see if that was the reason for the break up. Probably for the best because Justin has been with Cameron for a while now and he still doesn't live with her.

Kevin isn't stupid and his lawyer will make sure that he is careful about things. Kevin is the odd man out here and he will be watched and picked apart moreso than Britney because the media doesn't like him.

Anonymous said...

^^^very true, everything he 'didn't say and do' will be written and talked about, cause they have to make him look bad.

KELLY.

Anonymous said...

awwwww...i feel so bad for kevin!
he`s the most innocent guy in the world!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE(KELLY)!!

we don`t know what happend..so stod blame britney for that...cause was not britney who was seen partying aaaaaallllll the time while had a wife in home...was not britney who says all the time "i love ladies..i'm pimp..come dance whit me...i wanna fuck all the girls...blah blah blah..."

i mean i loved kevin,i always tought he was the perfect guy for britney,even when everybody was sayin that he was a asswhole..i never wanted to believe...
but that divorce make up my mind!
i mean he called his wife a b*&t!
the same wife that weeks ago he called the love of his life!
and telling her a f&%@k you was not so loving!!
now i see that all kevins want is money,girls,money,cars,money,moneyand more money...
but ok....
if you wanna believe that kevin's a angel and britney's a devil that's fine...you'll see who will win!:)
if he was at least talent..but like an actor said "he's no kanye west"....i agree!

Anonymous said...

I thought about this lengthy posting over night before I decided to write anything. Alison makes some good points. Kevin isn't the great demon here. Nor is Britney. I think they are two people who have lots of money, but no clear direction in life, nor understanding of happiness.

Let's face some facts. He made 2 million dollars and now he doesn't have it. If he would have invested it conservatively, he would have had about 50 grand a year for life, which I venture to guess is more than most of the folks writing anything here.

He spent it. Successful businesses have been started on much less. His lifestyle, his trying to prove his love to Britney or whatever the reason, has made him go through more money than I know that I will ever see in my lifetime.

I would have loved a rags to riches story from him, but instead I see a shallow party guy, not a business man and not even just a man who dearly loves his wife and wants her career to flourish. The world doesn't think badly of the many female singers out there whose husband helps them with their career. I can think of many women whose husbands work for them, just like I can think of many woman who stay home and take care of their family.

They could have colaborated. He could be with her when she traveled. He could be dancing right beside her.

I hope they find happiness. I hope they both stay away from toxic substances, and keep smoking, drinking and "the herb" away from their children. I hope they put their children first in their lives. Children are not accessories, they should be first and foremost. The lives that Kevin and Britney live RIGHT NOW will have a profound effect on their children's lives - and what the world sees is two very self focused individuals, both out to promote themselves and have a good time.

I hope they both clean up their acts and realize that there is so much more to life than a giant drunken party and songs & music that are demeaning to themselves and to women. In essence, I hope they both grow up and realize that the tabloids have had a field day with their story because they showed us how miserable it is to have a lot of money, but no direction or goals in life, other than to make money and spend it.

They are both talented individuals and need to use those talents to promote their strength, stability, and push for a better world.

They both sing songs about themselves, their sexuality, their partying, getting high, stoned and f*ed up. They are parents now, and if substance abuse does run in Britney's family, and it appears to have a hold on Kevin, the chances of those kids have real issues with drugs are real.

Anonymous said...

Before you think "sole custody" is a bad thing, understand that legally it is a much clearer legal authority to accomplish. MOST judges award custody to one parent with court supported visitation to another. Joint custody is a very difficult thing for even two amiable parents to achieve. There are parents who have custody of their children, but actually see them less than the parent who has visitation rights. It maintains that one parent have the primary legal responsibility for the child, but assures that the other parent also maintains his/her rights as a parent. When both parents have diverse ways of raising the child, it assures that the court believes that one parent has the ultimate responsibility of assuring that all the needs of the child are met. Generally it goes to the parent who has demonstrated the most hours of caretaking. Generaly that is seen as the mother during the younger years, especially while/if she is breast feeding. For boys, more and more the courts are leaning towards the father as the child gets older because of the need for boys to have a strong role model. Its' not unusual for parents to change custody during the child's later years, because children need to know both of their parents.

Just becuase both Kevin and Britany have asked for custody that it means only one or the other will get the kids. The only way one will not be able to be involved with the children is if 1) they choose not to or 2) they are proven unfit.

in the case of 2- illegal drug use by either parent could be problematic. In other words, bragging about it in music sure won't help his cause.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny...People are telling Kelly to quit believing what she is reading yet they go on about what an asshole Kevin is! You people are just as dumb..You don't know anything about either of them...I have never been much of a Britney fan, and I do like Kevin, so im not basing any of my opinions on the media...Unless one of them confesses themselves for wrongdoings, and not through another source, we dont know a damn thing about whats going on...the world is out to get Kevin and its just sad..especially you sick people who wish Kevin dead, you need help...like Justin Timberlake said, theres a war in Iraq we should be worrying about.

Anonymous said...

Fact: Mother of the Year candidate Britney abandoned her kids for an entire week, so that she could do some self-promotion and relaxing in New York.

Let's drop the talk about what these kids mean to the parents. We don't know. All we do know is that in terms of parenting, they are both amazingly pathetic.

Anonymous said...

""Fact: Mother of the Year candidate Britney abandoned her kids for an entire week, so that she could do some self-promotion and relaxing in New York. ""


Oh really? this is a fact? Was she charged with abandonment? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Britany wouldn't wantonly abandon her children, particularly a 7 week old baby. Maybe she just forgot.

Anonymous said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

Again, 2 million dollars

"He spent it. Successful businesses have been started on much less. His lifestyle, his trying to prove his love to Britney or whatever the reason, has made him go through more money than I know that I will ever see in my lifetime."


Good luck on your music dude- uh get a good business plan together.

Anonymous said...

Again, 2 million dollars

"He spent it. Successful businesses have been started on much less. His lifestyle, his trying to prove his love to Britney or whatever the reason, has made him go through more money than I know that I will ever see in my lifetime."



Amazing, I hadn't realized that Kevin's personal financial advisors posted sensitive financial data on TeamKevin.

By the way, I'm Ms. Spears' personal physician. Despite HIPAA laws granting confidentiality, I can assure you that her viral and fungal STDs aren't what chased her husband away.

Anonymous said...

I agree with u I feel so sad for the guy.She shot the guy out of her life without even telling him.It very sad and that the person she clims to love.It even sad now that she tryong to keep him from seeing his kids.That very bad of her.How do u think it will make those kids feel when they turn older that they are not allow to see their father.That a good example with her Dad.I did not know he was alcholic.her mom did not stop her from seeing her dad so why should she stop her kids from seeing their dad.Kevin loves those kids he talks with so much honestly when he talked about them.Britney needs serious help ,she donot think before she makes decision.I feel so sad for the kids.She should have broken up with him in a way that they had closures.But, the way She broke up with him it will be hard for he to trust her and be friends with her again which is sad.They need to be friends for the sake of their kids.Britney will get her pay in this life time no sin go unpunished.

Anonymous said...

Hey "Doc" don'tcha read?

"In an August, 2006 interview with GQ, Kevin says the following:

Federline laid down many of the tracks in his home recording studio. That way he could pop in and say hello to the baby. "I spend almost all of my money from Chaotic building the studio," he says. (Chaotic was a five-episode reality show on UPN, Frankensteined together with home videos that he and Britney shot on her Onyx Hotel Tour.) "I don't rely on my wife's money," he says. "I don't get any money from my wife." He tells me he made $2 million on the show, most of which he's spend. The first thing he bought was a $200,000 engagement ring for his wife. Then he spent $350,000 building the home studio. And bought his truck. "I'm almost broke," he says.

Anonymous said...

all i know is that she just got rid of the dude for her comeback, she changed her hair, she's working on the album & she hired the manager she fired for kevin..maybe she realized that she made the mistake...maybe she didnt want to be stuck at home with the kids...she got jealous, and kevin is paying for it

Anonymous said...

^

He claims he bought his watch and truck, both of which have been documented elsewhere as outright gifts from Britney.

Until now, I doubt that he's spent much of his own money. He had an allowance and an American Express Centurian black card. As a matter of fact, if I was Britney's financial advisor, I wouldn't let him make home improvements (like the in-house studio) as he can generate a claim against the house, in an effort to classify it as a marital asset.

I don't believe either at this point. Both have track records at generating comments geared towards enhancing their public images.

Anonymous said...

He can certainly claim the money he spent on the studio, all of it, unless she also used it.

I suspect that any appreciation on the family home during the time they were together could be, arguably, fair game, espcially if he made imporvements. However these items are for the legal minds to determine.

Anonymous said...

^
I don't want Kevin to get more than what he's entitled to, which is spelled out in the pre-nup. I'm sure the contract is carefully worded, but there will be lapses as there are limits to what a contract can anticipate. What you don't want (and I'm being impartial) is Kevin making a claim that the house is no longer a Britney asset. That was the purpose of the pre-nup, in that it broke down assets and determined who had what income producing property. If we apply common sense, then Kevin should only be entitled to something akin to a lien. But common sense doesn't always prevail in these matters.


Anyway, I'm sure Kevin has saved some of his earnings. Outside of the many trinkets (which were probably all bought by Britney), it is very hard to spend $2 million in such a short span of time, especially of you live rent free and have an allowance.

Anonymous said...

Words from Kevin's mouth:

"In an August, 2006 interview with GQ, Kevin says the following:

Federline laid down many of the tracks in his home recording studio. That way he could pop in and say hello to the baby. "I spend almost all of my money from Chaotic building the studio," he says. (Chaotic was a five-episode reality show on UPN, Frankensteined together with home videos that he and Britney shot on her Onyx Hotel Tour.) "I don't rely on my wife's money," he says. "I don't get any money from my wife." He tells me he made $2 million on the show, most of which he's spend. The first thing he bought was a $200,000 engagement ring for his wife. Then he spent $350,000 building the home studio. And bought his truck. "I'm almost broke," he says."


200 k here, 350 K there, after a while it starts adding up to real money.

Anonymous said...

All right TeamKevin, I'm done messing with ya'll. Good luck. And Goodluck to Kevin. I, like most of the generla public out there, believe we woudl have never heard of you except for your lucky marriage. But now that we have heard of you, I sure hope you make very wise decisions and dont' just burn up your earnigns into parties.

You have responsibilty to teach your children to be all that they can be, and not let them burn out like the children of other stars.

Anonymous said...

a couple problems with your theory

BRITNEY never did text Kevin about the divorce. a friend of his did.

and also

Britney still smokes (cigarettes and marijuana)

Anonymous said...

From today's Boston Herald:

"According to the celebrity couple’s airtight prenuptial agreement, the perennial party boy will pocket “under $1 million,” a source dished to “Access Hollywood.” But a clause in the prenup states that gifts given to each other that cost more than $10,000 must be returned. Oooh, that must hurt!

This legal hiccup, reports Splash News, will cost K-Fed the $60,000 inspiration behind a few of his little-heard rap songs: his Dodge SRT 10 truck. Then there’s the $200,000 Ferrari 360 Modena; a $50,000 custom Mad Dog chopper; a $150,000 gold-and-diamond watch; a pair of $100,000 diamond earrings and the recently obtained $50,000 diamond-encrusted gold pendant the little woman gave him to celebrate the release of his debut CD, “Playing with Fire.” Shortly thereafter, she filed for divorce."



That's a pretty comprehensive accounting of the gifts, so I'm assuming that someone got an accounting (probably from the Britney camp, since they have a vested interest in keeping the books). So no, I find Kevin's claim that he spent his own money laughable.

One thing about both Britney and Kevin: Neither likes to tell the truth, particularly if it interferes with the image they're trying to promote. Kevin wants to look like he's not a kept man (Mr. Britney Spears), just as Britney wanted everyone to think she was a virgin, until evidence to the contrary was made her the butt end of jokes. They were both BSing about their life of marital bliss. If you believe Kevin was telling the truth about the home studio, pickup truck, watch, etc., then you must have also believed him when he said he was leading a life of marital bliss. In that case, I have some great real estate to sell you in Florida...

Anonymous said...

Kevin did NOT say Fuck Britney and did NOT write that note

you are the one who needs to wake up and stop believing tabloid articles

neither kevin nor britney has made a statement about this divorce so people can stop speculating

Anonymous said...

I bursted into laughter when you wrote that Britney must've tricked Kevin into marrying her so she could have kids.... REALITY CHECK: Kevin saw Britney and thought "$$$$$$$$$$$" He's a grown man, he knew what he was doing when he got involved with Brit. I'm not saying Britney's completely innocent, but Kevin's hijinks have been well documented in the media. Most tabloid stories have some basis to them so I don't think Brit divorcing him is part of a pattern of her decisiveness (she does have issues there though). Kevin partied wayyyy to much, there was always a photo of him at a nightclub with bottle in hand. He was married, and had kids at home. Any self-respecting woman would've gotten sick of it. But then again, any self-respecting woman wouldn't have married him in the first place...

Anonymous said...

Actually that is true. Everything we know about their assets comes from print media. When a reputable organization quotes one of them, you can pretty much count on it, if it came from an interview. (lawsuits can be expensive and nasty).

Plus realy, who cares? Both of them are loving the attention right now. They each could have never some up with this level of international attention any better way. all of this attention FREE! No real advertising budget needed for either of them. Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of Britney - Never have been, probably never will be. She's always been overrated, and its always been impossible for me to feel sympathetic towards her. But when she married Kevin Federline, I cringed. I think the entire world cringed. (Thank God she got the Pre-Nup!) Yeah, Kevin has this whole "f*ck the world, I don't care what anyone thinks of me attitude" and that's great, but when your married to "America's Pop Teen Queen," you should clean up your act a little bit. Yes, I hate KFed, I hate him alot. But not because he's just a hoodlum who hit the jackpot, or because he's making a mockery of rap music, but simply because he made me feel sympathy for Britney Spears! How dare he! Shame on you, Kevin... shame on you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Count me as one of those who believe that Kevin and Britany deserve on another.

Kevin didn't make a mockery of rap. Rap is doing a pretty good job of making a mockery out of itself. The crap Kevin raps about (women, material possessions, superstardom, etc.) are present in all too many rap songs nowadays. Kevin isn't even intelligent enough to be original; he steals melodies and rap song themes.

Britany is no better. Does anyone with a brain really believe she broke up with him on reading a damn letter? This woman timed it so that she would minimize her divorce payout! She timed it with her diet, her reunion with her former manager, etc. She's using this to rehabilitate her image. Like she suddenly transitions from disheveled trailor park queen to "slim sexy Britney" just by dropping Federline. Chalk that up to her management team.

Anonymous said...

LMAO, it's amazing how much some ppl here know about Kevin and Britney, I've never said I know anything, apart from what comes from Kevin or Britney I never take anything the media say as true, I like Kevin and though I like Britney, I said that since of late I don't feel that way, she didn't say anything about the divorce issue to the media, but she didn't have to say a damn thing to get ppl talking, cause from the way she acted that said a whole lot, I saw her action as a major slap in the face for Kevin and I'm on the outside, just think about how he must have felt.

As for the ppl claiming that Britney bought Kevin this and that, the only thing I've heard Kevin said he got from his wife is a watch as a wedding gift, the bike, and her paying half the cost of his car, anything else I have not a clue, but hey if y'all want to believe that he spend half her fortune and run up her creditcard bills you go right ahead.
I read the interview that he did with GQ, and I believe him, I don't see where he spend any of his money carelessly, if you ppl think about it, yes he got 2mil from the show, but all that isn't his, for one he must pay taxes, and yes he spend some but all in an effort to advance himself, I'm glad he took a chance and follow his heart and did what he always wanted to do, later he doesn't have to say I should have done this or that when he was younger, so now he can go on to other things, fullfill other dreams, that's life, you try and try until you success, if you get knock down, you get up and climb back up and no matter how far you keep trying, cause the rewards can only benefit you in the end.

I don't wish bad for anybody, Kevin and Britney chose the path in life they want take, it's their life to live, their decisions to make, in the end they don't have to answer to anybody but themself and make sure their children are safe, happy and loved.

I hope they will come to some kind of understanding and deal with whatever issues they have with eachother for the welfare of the kids, the way I see it is, the sooner they get over their issues the sooner they can put all that behind them and focus on the children.

Kelly.

Anonymous said...

LOL! If you guys really think that Kevin loved Britney right from the beginning then why did he shout ''Fuck Britney'' at one of his stupid ''concerts''? That really shows that he was in it for the money right from the beginning. He couldn't be a responsible parent. When Sean Preston was born, he left Britney and the baby at home and partied all day. Same happened when Britney was pregnant with Jayden. All he did was party and spend Britney's money! You all must have seen right after Jayden's birth, how Kevin was partying in Vegas with the hoes leaving his wife and kids behind. I mean, how irresponsible and naive can a guy get? Does he not feel that it was his responsibility to take care of his wife and kids or he really thought that he was only a sperm donor?

Whatever that is, I'm just glad that Britney finally came back to her sense and dumped his gay ass. FedEX needs to rot.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. There is so much wrong with this essay. I don’t know where to begin.

Anonymous said...

http://www.themusicrefuge.com/showthread.php?t=32787

Anonymous said...

kelly, you are a very smart girl

there are too many people on here ASSUMING things and LISTENING to rumors
from the partying rumors to kevin supposedly spending all britney money, it's all LIES

if you see Kevin at a club almost EVER, every single time, he is WORKING
he gets paid to be there

idiots

Anonymous said...

THERE ARE SEVERAL people who seem to think that because something is printed in a magazines there is some basis of truth to it

i can tell you first hand that is not true

my best friend was on the cover of tabloids for supposedly cheating with Kevin, not only did it never happen , they were never in a room alone together, we were ALL there with them and Britney was at a hotel down the street

there was NO validity to the story yet newspapers and magazines ALL over the WORLD picked up the story and printed the gossip as if it was true

and people are STILL saying the rumor as if it were true, even though she went on major tv stations an tv shows letting them know it was not true

DON'T believe ANYTHING you read about Kevin and Britney unless you see them from their own mouth verify something

also

nothing in this situation is as it seems

Alison said...

^ I would love to hear more about "nothing in this situation is as it seems" from someone who knows firsthand. If you'd like to share more please send me an email at teamkevin@mail.com. If you give me permission, I will post it on this blog, anonymously if you like. I will not post anything you do not give me permission to.

Anonymous said...

I get a weird feeling that author of "nothing is as it seems" knows something, which isn't like me because I'm a cynic.

I don't believe Britney's side, though let's be honest: Kevin's been manipulating the media as well, in order to hone his image as a rap star. The fact is, Britney is great at public relations. Kevin is flat-out clueless about how others (and the general public) perceive him.

And that's tragic, because I think Kevin is never going to be given a fair shake by the tabloids. They started a war on him, and he fueled it when he thought it would help him establish his identity as a performer.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your article and that Britney does seem a bit cold in the way she dumped her husband, however the sickest thing is how the public glorifies her for ruining her family...

I don't know what happened between her and Kevin, but it did seem a startling end... Sorta ended the same way it began... Come full circle I guess...

I feel bad for her personally, it seems when she's done with something she's just done...

So, I wish good luck to Kevin and the best for his children...