Sunday, November 05, 2006

Q&A from Tyra Banks that was not on the show

* Most Misunderstood Thing About You:
This is the number one question I get asked. I usually say things like, “Eating doughnuts or riding a bike.” I don’t know what to say. It seems premature of people to ask me that. I know what they want me to say, “Different than how I am portrayed in the media.” In reality, I am at home with my wife, not living off my wife. As a man I cannot do that. I just know that a lot of people have it wrong.

* Favorite Movie:
Scarface

* You’ll Never Catch Me:
Slippin

* Favorite Dish:
Brownies

* Superpower You Wish You Had:
Super strength because all of my favorite super heroes have that.

* Favorite City:
Vegas

* What Were You Like As A Kid:
I was a pretty wild kid. Here’s a good example. I was like 13, and some kid came back from Mexico with quarter sticks of dynamite. All the kids were playing sports by the nearby diamond and basketball courts. The kids are balling on the court, the same place I used to play baseball when I was kid. So I light one of those things up and everyone for as far as you could see just freaked! I have never seen anything like it. They all dropped down to the ground, like flat on the ground. We had all these umpires chasing us.

* Musical Inspiration:
Man, I get inspiration from a lot of people. I looked up to the greatest when I was recording: Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z and Naz, Run DMC, A Tribe Called Quest. I grew up in a hip-hop generation, that is all I know.

Source: tyrashow.warnerbros.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved his Tyra interview. I hope they repeat the show sometime down the road so I can see it. I forgot to set my recorder. I actually think Kevin does spend more time with his family than people would like to believe and I didn't think for a minute he would want to live off Britney.

Anonymous said...

What does he mean when they asked the question You'll never catch me? and he answers Slippin? What the heck is Slippin?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous up top, I agree with he does spend alot of time at home with Britney and the Kids, but the media never say any thing about that, they only talk about when he's out, I mean what about all the other time that he's home, that's why I never read the tabs, and Britney herself said it in her Matt Laure interview that he's a man and want to provide for his family and take care of his kids but as usual the over look all that.

Btw, A#2, I think he means fallin when he say slippin, I guess.

The story about himself at 13 is hilarious, the things I use to do when I was little, man, sometimes me,my sisters and cousins love to just sit about talk about old times, life was good when I was a kid.

KELLY.

lashun said...

Slippin means "messing up" in slang terms.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he didn't say he got his inspiration from Britney. He's going to prove he's the real talent in the family!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the meaning of slippin. I don't keep up with my Slang. Kelly I was a pretty rowdy Kid myself. That was the good ole days.

Anonymous said...

Although I do agree he has Talent I think Britney does also. Kevin is going to have a tough road ahead to prove himself but I think he has got it in him. You go K-FED.

Anonymous said...

I agree with that last comment. Kevin's album is good, and he is definitely growing as an artist, but Britney will ALWAYS be the talent/the superstar in that family. She's been wowing crowds since she was 8!! She's had countless hits, she's the best selling female artist of the new millenium, she's the only female to have all her studio albums debut at #1. I really like Kevin, don't get me wrong, but Britney is definitely the bigger talent!

lashun said...

I wonder why every rapper say "Scarface" is their favorite movie of all time.