Thursday, August 17, 2006

Excerpt from GQ - on money, parenting, and Britney

BRITNEY Spears' hard-living husband has confessed he is dead broke but will not take a penny from his superstar wife.

Wannabe rapper Kevin Federline, 28, made $2million from US reality TV show Chaotic last year.

But he's gone through all his cash - blowing £200,000 on an engagement ring for Britney and £350,000 building a recording studio at their home in Malibu, California.

He insists he won't sponge off his heavily pregnant wife - although she went halves on a customised Ferrari.

The former backing dancer said: "I don't get any money from my wife.

"I'm almost broke. As a man, as a male figure and a father, I wouldn't be happy sitting back and living off my wife's fortune.

"I have to provide for my family. People gotta understand that I'm working, too, she's not the only one that's got things to do."

Kevin, dogged by rumours of wild nights with strippers and fans, insists he tamed Britney, 24, not the other way round. He told US GQ magazine: "Britney thought she could play me.

"She was playing games and testing me to see where my head is at, see if she could get away with this or that, going out and partying."

But he added: "We talked and got over it and that was that."

And he says neither of them care about ego, they just love each other for who they really are. Kevin, who also has two children from an earlier relationship, defended Britney over the infamous blunder when she drove with their baby son Sean perched on her lap.

He said: "Britney plays mamma real well. She's a very good mother.

"It's one of those things that comes naturally. What the magazines don't tell you about Britney driving is that Starbucks is a minute from the house.

"People don't know what it's like being chased by all those cars and if Britney feels like she gotta take the baby and put him on her lap and get out of there then so be it."

Kevin says he takes his responsibilities as a father seriously as well.

"That's my number one priority, my children and it'll always be like that.

"You worry about what to do and what not to do, hoping and praying nothing ever goes wrong. That's part of being a parent but I have faith that my children are gonna be okay.

"They're still gonna have to go through the trials in life, they have to otherwise they'll grow up to be spoiled s***s and that ain't happening."

He doesn't smoke around Sean but is struggling to pack in. He said: "To me it's probably the equivalent of being addicted to heroin. I'm gonna try hypnotism. Matt Damon did it."

Kevin, who's got a record out later this year, also revealed that he spent eight hours in agony having a tattoo designed by his wife put on his back.

She also persuaded him to have his trademark cornrow hair cut.

Source: mirror.co.uk

No comments: